Tuesday, May 1, 2012

X Marks the Spot

When I signed up for this A-to-Z Challenge, I neglected to think about there being days beginning with letters such as Q, X, or Z.  Those pesky letters are troublesome when I play Scrabble but even peskier trying to blog about them!

As you can tell, I have fallen behind schedule as the challenge ended yesterday and I still have the last three letters to go...

The only thing that came to mind for the letter X was the saying "X marks the spot" as we are all familiar with in conjunction with pirate maps.  I decided to dig around and do a little research.  Granted, I did not spend much time looking, but it seems that the phrase may have been first introduced by Robert Louis Stevenson in Treasure Island.  In my research, I also found a movie titled X Marks the Spot - it is a crime/drama from 1931 and the 1942 remake can be watched online here.

No comments:

Post a Comment